Crispy Baked Barbecued Chicken
photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Oven temp 375F degrees.
- Combine bread crumbs, brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, dry mustard, and celery seed.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brush each chicken piece with melted butter.
- Roll in crumb mixture to coat.
- Arrange chicken, skin side up and so pieces don't touch, in a shallow baking pan.
- Sprinkle with any remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 375 oven about 50 minutes or till tender.
- Do Not Turn!
- Makes 6 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was so easy and it turned out so moist and tender. I did make my own bread crumbs but had everything else on hand (we apparently have that in common). I am glad I started playing the games in the game room or I never would have searched out all of the wonderful recipes I have been getting including this one. I tripled the crumbs and spices because I wanted the back portions coated as well (it is my preferred piece) and I was able to heavily coat the pieces. It was awesome. I will do it again, and again, and again. It was so moist. Absolutely wonderful!!