Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is another great recipe I make these often for get togethers and they are always a big hit! The ingredients may be adjusted to taste, start with amounts listed and increase to suit taste, but be careful with the mustard amounts as it can be overpowering!. To serve a crowd, the complete recipe may be doubled. Cooking time does not include boiling the eggs. Try to use jumbo eggs for this, if you don't have a food processor just mix the filling with a hand mixer until smooth. Adjust the seasoning salt, garlic powder and all other ingredients to taste.
Top Review by Shlee
we made these last night but used half grain mustard and half regular yellow mustard and didnt add the seasoning salt and they turned out great everyone loved them. Will definitely be making them again
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced in half
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise (or salad dressing)
- 14.79 ml sour cream
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard (or use 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder)
- 14.79 ml sweet pickle relish (can use more)
- 2-3 green onions, finely minced
- 2.46-4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 4.92 ml louisiana hot sauce
- black pepper (to taste)
- 177.44 ml finely grated cheddar cheese, divided
- paprika, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully remove the egg yolks from the whites and set the whites on a large plate.
- Place the yolks in a food processor along with all the remaining ingredients except the grated cheddar cheese and black pepper (start with 1/4 cup mayonnaise adding in just a tablespoon more if too dry) pulse until blended and smooth.
- Season with more seasoned salt and black pepper to taste.
- Using a spoon mix in 1/2 cup finely grated grated cheddar cheese to the yolk mixture (you can use more if desired) mix until well blended.
- Pipe or spoon into the egg whites holes.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese on top of each egg slice (you may use more cheese if desired).
- Dust very lightly with paprika.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap.
- Chill until ready to serve.