Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Browning the rice gives this dish so much more extra flavor --- the garlic amount may be adjusted to taste.
- Place the rice in colander and rinse thoroughly with cold water; drain well and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the garlic and cook until the garlic is just lightly browned (do not cook until dark browned).
- Add in the rice and salt; cook stirring constantly until the rice begins to brown.
- Slowly and carefully pour in the hot water then then broth stirring gently; bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until the water is absorbed (about 20-25 minutes).
- Season with pepper if desired.
Another delicious Kittencal recipe. I will definitely make again.
Excellent!! We love garlic, so this was perfect with Mongolian Beef. I probably added more garlic than called for in the recipe. I made it with half broth and half water. It came out fluffy and moist. Browning the rice adds such a wonderful flavor. Will definitely make this again and will be my standard rice dish with any Asian dishes.
Just cooked this dish for dinner. Was really tasty and flavorful. I used 2 cups (one can) of chicken broth and 2 cups water. Will definately use this recipe again.