Kittencal's Browned White Rice With Garlic and Onion
- Place the rice in colander and rinse thoroughly with cold water; drain well and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the garlic and cook until the garlic is just lightly browned (do not cook until dark browned).
- Add in the rice and salt; cook stirring constantly until the rice begins to brown.
- Slowly and carefully pour in the hot water then then broth stirring gently; bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until the water is absorbed (about 20-25 minutes).
- Season with pepper if desired.