Browning the rice gives this dish so much more extra flavor --- the garlic amount may be adjusted to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the rice in colander and rinse thoroughly with cold water; drain well and set aside.
- 2Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Add in onion and cook for 1 minute.
- 4Add in the garlic and cook until the garlic is just lightly browned (do not cook until dark browned).
- 5Add in the rice and salt; cook stirring constantly until the rice begins to brown.
- 6Slowly and carefully pour in the hot water then then broth stirring gently; bring to a simmer.
- 7Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until the water is absorbed (about 20-25 minutes).
- 8Season with pepper if desired.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Browned White Rice With Garlic and Onion
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.0
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 519.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 5.4 g