1/1 Photo of Kinpira Gobo (Braised Carrot & Burdock Root)
Maggie, Cooking's Note:
From here: http://justonecookbook.com/recipes/kinpira-gobo-braised-carrot-burdock-root/ If you have a tool to julienne/matchstick ingredients, this will go a lot faster, but it's worth it either way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 burdock root (gobo in Japanese)
- 1/3 carrot
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds, roasted
- chili powder (or Korean chili threads, ichimitogarashi, ito togarashi) (optional)
- 1Peel burdock root and diagonally slice thinly 2 inch length pieces, stack a few strips and cut into thin matchbox strips. Soak the gobo in water or vinegar water (just one drop of vinegar). Change water a couple of times until the water is clear, and then keep the burdock root in the water until ready to cook.
- 2Cut carrot into matchbox strips.
- 3In a frying pan, heat oil over medium high and stir fry the burdock root and then the carrot after a few minutes.
- 4Add the seasonings and cook until most of the liquid evaporates.
- 5When the liquid is almost gone, add sesame oil and sprinkle sesame seeds and ichimitogarashi.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kinpira Gobo (Braised Carrot & Burdock Root)
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 538.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: