Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Creamy cheesy enchilada-like chicken. I'm not a fan of Velveeta, but it gives this dish extra creaminess!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 ounce Sazon Goya seasoning (1 envelope)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 15 ounces Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, diced fine
- Boil the chicken in water seasoned with the Sazon Goya. When cooked, dice the chicken and discard the water.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Mix the cheeses together. Pour the chicken broth into a bowl; dip the tortillas into the broth one at a time to moisten; set tortillas aside. Combine the soup, tomatoes, and salt with the chicken broth.
- Place a layer of 8 tortillas on the bottom of casserole, top with half of the chicken, half the onion, half the sauce and half the cheese. Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- Cover with foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This turned out great! I was a little leary about how liquidy it was, but it turned out fine!!!
I made this for dinner. eneryone enjoy the sauce. the goya really flavored the chicken and i add more veggies. I also used only 6 whole wheat tortilla and that was enough. i layer in the crock pot on low for 4 hrs.