Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This is a marinated shrimp recipe that is served warm with crusty french bread to soak up all the good sauce. Quick, easy and oh so good.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄3 lemon, sliced with peel
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 lb large shrimp (may be peeled and deveined)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, simmer butter, olive oil, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, lemon, garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes, oregano and Tabasco until well blended.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place sauce in a zip-lock bag; add shrimp.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place shrimp and sauce in a large shallow baking pan.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until shrimp are opaque in center.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve with a crusty French bread for dipping in sauce.
Simply not edible with the amount of spice indicated. Half the chili sauce, crushed red pepper and tobasco to cut down on the heat.
I made this for a football party and it was a hit!! Took it out of the oven and the host tried a piece, and a look of bliss spread across his face. Same with everyone else's first bite too. So many compliments. :D I used sweet asian chili sauce and the green "less heat" Tabasco sauce, also just regular red pepper flakes because that's what I had, not sure if I should have had "crushed" or not, but in any case it was the perfect amount of kick for a range of different tastes in a group. The bread was a perfect accompaniment too. I will be making this repeatedly! (as long as I can afford the cost of the raw shrimp.)