1/3 Photos of Killer Noodle Salad
This is a delicious Asian fusion salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 170.09 g of dried cellophane noodles or 170.09 g bean threads
- 7.39 ml oriental sesame oil (dark)
- 78.07 ml rice vinegar or 78.07 ml distilled white vinegar
- 2 limes, juice of, fresh
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml red pepper flakes (crushed)
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 29.58 ml minced ginger
- 236.59 ml grated carrot (about 2 medium)
- 2 large romaine lettuce leaves
- chopped ahi (optional) or chicken, to make this a full meal (optional)
- 1In a large pot, bring a quart of water to a boil; add noodles and boil as package directs, about 2 minutes. Drain noodles and let stand.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine oil, vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, sugar, garlic and ginger. Mix until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Toss in carrots and lettuce.
- 4Cut through noodles to make manageable lengths. Toss noodles into bowl with other ingredients.
- 5If salad seems a little dry, add a little more soy sauce and vinegar.
- 6Top with seared ahi, poached chicken, or any protein of choice.
- 7Serve cold or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Killer Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.6
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4073.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 9.2 g