- 6 ounces of dried cellophane noodles or 6 ounces bean threads
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oriental sesame oil (dark)
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar or 1⁄3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 limes, juice of, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 cup grated carrot (about 2 medium)
- 2 large romaine lettuce leaves
- chopped ahi (optional) or chicken, to make this a full meal (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, bring a quart of water to a boil; add noodles and boil as package directs, about 2 minutes. Drain noodles and let stand.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine oil, vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, sugar, garlic and ginger. Mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Toss in carrots and lettuce.
- Cut through noodles to make manageable lengths. Toss noodles into bowl with other ingredients.
- If salad seems a little dry, add a little more soy sauce and vinegar.
- Top with seared ahi, poached chicken, or any protein of choice.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.