Recipe by punkarooni
Kielbasa, potatoes and broccoli in a creamy cheese sauce. This recipe is one of our family's all-time favorites. I have eaten, but never prepared this casserole made with frozen hash browns instead of sliced potatoes. I will attempt to provide those directions also. My family really likes sauces, so this recipe is 1 1/2 times the original amount of sauce.
Top Review by Brittany F.
this was a little bland i recommend adding garlic salt also it seemed like it was missing something maybe carrots or even mushrooms but it was pretty tasty will be making again with a few things added to it
- 1 1⁄2 lbs kielbasa, sliced into bite sized rounds
- 6 -7 large potatoes, peeled and sliced (you may substitute with 1 pkg. frozen hash brown potatoes)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 6 ounces medium cheddar, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stock pot, simmer kielbasa and potatoes (or hash browns) in water enough to cover for 15 minutes. Drain.
- For sauce:.
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan. Remove from heat and stir in flour. Return to heat and add milk. Cook until thick.
- Add shredded cheese and spices. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Transfer kielbasa, potatoes, broccoli and sauce to a large, greased casserole dish. Stir gently. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.