Recipe by Domestic Goddess
A quick, easy, delicious soup made with a smoked sausage, vegetables, beef broth, and cans of Campbell's Bean with Bacon Soup.
Top Review by Doozie
I chose to try this recipe because Campbell's bean & bacon soup is one of my Dad's favorites, and also enjoyed by my husband. I made this recipe as written, didn't change a thing. It was Wonderful! I know that it would be equally as good using left-over ham, or just buying a chunk from the deli and cubing it. Thanks for posting this really quick, easy, hearty, and delicious soup. It is a keeper.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow onion
- 16 ounces kielbasa, thinly sliced
- 2 (11 1/2 ounce) canscampbell's bean with bacon soup
- black pepper, season to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a kettle or Dutch oven, add broth, water and vegetables.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add both cans of soup, and the sliced kielbasa.
- Season with black pepper.
- Heat through and serve.
- Note: When adding carrots, I added 1 cup of sliced baby carrots, and I substituted Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage for the kielbasa.