Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick, easy, delicious soup made with a smoked sausage, vegetables, beef broth, and cans of Campbell's Bean with Bacon Soup.
- In a kettle or Dutch oven, add broth, water and vegetables.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add both cans of soup, and the sliced kielbasa.
- Season with black pepper.
- Heat through and serve.
- Note: When adding carrots, I added 1 cup of sliced baby carrots, and I substituted Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage for the kielbasa.
I chose to try this recipe because Campbell's bean & bacon soup is one of my Dad's favorites, and also enjoyed by my husband. I made this recipe as written, didn't change a thing. It was Wonderful! I know that it would be equally as good using left-over ham, or just buying a chunk from the deli and cubing it. Thanks for posting this really quick, easy, hearty, and delicious soup. It is a keeper.
I don't really like Bean & Bacon soup.......but thought I would give this recipe a try because I see there was the addition of beef broth and water and veggies to tone down some of that bacony taste. Only half of the recipe was made to try it out.....I used kielbasa that wasn't heavily smoked (Mucke's Brand). The first mistake I made was to cut the recipe in half......it was so good and I didn't get my fill cuz I only made half a recipe. Well.....the next time, there will be no cutting of the recipe. I really enjoyed the soup.....its going into my permanent recipe file. Thank You for posting