Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A bit different from the usual bean salads
- 3 (15 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced sweet gherkin
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- Combine everything in a bowl and toss to mix.
- Chill before serving.
A very good sweet and sour bean salad. I like the combination of kidney beans with sweet pickles. I wasn't personally wild about the texture of the eggs in combination with the other salad ingredients and will probably omit them next time. But all in all, this one made for a yummy lunch for several days.