Kidney Bean Salad
Mom's recipe from when we were kids. I never liked kidney beans, but I would devour this salad.
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 10mins
- 2 cups kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dill pickle, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pimiento, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- Combine the kidney beans, celery, pickles, pimiento, onion, salt and pepper.
- Toss lightly with the mayonnaise.
- Chill at least six hours before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Felix, this was the first time I ever made a kidney bean salad, and I really liked this one. I think the celery and dill pickles gave this salad flavor and crunch. However, I only added a 1/2 cup of diced celery, but I did add a bit more mayonnaise (1 Tbsp. more) to be exact. I also thought the pimiento added in this salad was a nice touch. I found that 4 hrs. of refrigeration was all the time this salad needed to be chilled. Thank you for the recipe Felix!!