1/3 Photos of Kid Friendly Veggie Muffins!
Just Mandy's Note:
Sneak veggies into a finicky diet with these! Follow the recipe to the T for a super healthy well balanced snack, or use what you have and be happy they're eating any vegetables at all! Okay, there's a little butter and sugar in there...we're trying to be sneaky remember? I actually find these a bit bland but my kids scarfed them down (even my 17 month old, who thinks food is strictly for throwing!). If I were making them of me, I'd add more sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (or what you have on hand)
- 2 -3 tablespoons soy flour (omit if you'd like but it adds protein)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (or other sweetener)
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey (optional)
- 1 egg
- 3 cups vegetables, pureed (I use 6 jars of baby food)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray muffin pans or line with muffin papers.
- 3Mix ingredients with electric mixer until well blended (I never mix dry then wet or cream butter and sugar -- if you'd like to by all means use all the bowls you want!).
- 4Fill muffins 2/3 full with batter.
- 5Bake 25 minutes until or toothpick comes out clean.
- 6Cool partially in the pan then remove to wire rack.
- 7Store half in an air tight container.
- 8Freeze the other half. Microwave to defrost.
- 9I like to use sweeter veggies. Usually 2 jars of sweet potatoes, 1 of sweet peas, 1 carrots, and 2 mixed veggies (you can find spinach, green beans and corn this way).
- 10If you are using your own steamed vegetables, you may need to add some fruit juice to thin it out to the consistency of applesauce.
- 11If you don't have 3 cups of vegetables, make up the difference with unsweetened apple sauce or mashed bananas.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kid Friendly Veggie Muffins!
Serving Size: 1 (489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.5
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 81.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: