Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Tex-Mex twist for cod? Sure! Why not? The heat's up to you. Go with a hot salsa if you dig the heat, mild or medium if that's your preference.
- 2 lbs cod fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (go with about 1 tbsp. if using dried)
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, and pepper, and cook until softened (about five minutes). Add the olives, salsa, and lemon juice, and simmer for five minutes or so.
- Place the fish fillets in the sauce. Spoon some of the sauce over the fish and reduce the heat to medium. Cover and cook for about five minutes, until the fish is cooked through.
- Sprinkle the cilantro on top and serve.