Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
An Emeril recipe.
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
- Place potatoes and 1 tsp salt in a saucepan, cover with water, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain, return to pot.
- Add half and half, butter, remaining salt, pepper.
- Place pan over medium low heat, mash for 4-5 minutes.
- Add bacon, cheese, sour cream, chives and stir.
Excellent! The bacon is a nice addition to the potatoes and cheese. No leftover potatoes tonight! We will be having this one again and again. This was made for Fall PAC. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
I made this for my Christmas Night Dinner and it was delicious. The only thing that I changed, was doubling the bacon!!!! Fantastic! Thanks for a great recipe!