Kicked Up Mashed Potatoes
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes or 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole milk (or more)
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup prepared horseradish
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (3/4 stick)
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Return to pot.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 1/3 cups milk and garlic to boil in large saucepan. Add milk mixture and horseradish to potatoes. Using potato masher, mash until smooth. Add butter; stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Stir over medium heat until heated through, adding more milk to thin if necessary.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow, loved these flavorful potatoes Lazy. This recipe was a no brainer for me.... love Yukon gold potatoes, butter, garlic and horseradish. So much flavor and they were so quick and easy to make. The perfect mash for our lovely beef Au Jus. Thank you for sharing this quick and easy to make treat, that we will enjoy often, these were made for our Easter dinner. Made for What's on the Menu? Tag Game.
see 14 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"