Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
A very refreshing salad that I saw on a TV show and I already made twice! Posted for WZT III.
- 750 g carrots, julienne
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups water
- Boil the carrots and the garlic in a pot with the water for 10 minutes.
- Drain well and put them in a bowl.
- Add the parsley, the coriander, the cayenne, the cummin, the salt, the olive oil and the vinegar. Mix well.
This salad is great! I generally dislike carrots, but loved this salad. I only boiled the carrots and garlic for a minute or two and combined the vinegar with lemon juice, but otherwise followed the recipe. Will make many more times!
Very good and very different. I did use fresh lemon juice and also added Kosher salt.
Very tasty carrots. I do think next time I will use lemon juice instead of the vinegar. Love the cumin and cilantro Made for Pac fall 2009