Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is as close as you're going to get to the original. Very yummy and oh so easy to make. Edited to add: according to some reviews the amount of slaw should be increased. Use your own judgement as to how you like your coleslaw as I know some like it a bit dryer than others.
- 8 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (light works too)
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place coleslaw mix in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl combine all other ingredients.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour dressing over coleslaw and mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- If desired add fresh green pepper and onions.
I think KFC's coleslaw is my favorite and this one is very close to it. Made the recipe as posted and enjoyed it a lot. Refrigerated all day and there was some liquid but it didnt take away from the great flavor of the cole slaw. This recipe will definitely be a favorite and made again! Made and reviewed for the Vegetarian/Vegan Forum's Recipe Swap #47 - June 2012.
A very nice coleslaw. I increased the cabbage by a third after looking at reviews. Thank you for sharing CoffeeB.
The sauce was outstanding! But I agree with several others that it was entirely too much. With the wait time in the fridge, the cabbage adds to the liquid, so to my taste, I'll be cutting it down somewhat. Having said that, however.........this is really, really good! My new favorite slaw! Thnx for sharing CoffeeB. Made for kck's forum.