Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
My copycat recipe for KFC's "Kentucky Grilled Chicken". The seasoning recipe here yields enough for at least 3 batches.
- 8 -16 pieces premium quality fresh chicken (bone-in or boneless)
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
SEASONING (ENOUGH FOR AT LEAST 3 BATCHES)
- 1⁄3 cup instant chicken bouillon powder
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning (Bulk KFC Original Recipe Seasoning (Copycat))
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄8 teaspoon finely ground white pepper
- canola oil
- NOTE: THIS RECIPE REQUIRES 1/2 TEASPOON OF MY Recipe #453973.
- MARINATE chicken at least 2 hours in refrigerator, in the thoroughly blended and dissolved BRINE solution.
- MEASURE each of the following SEASONING BASE ingredients into a large sealable container, such as a GLAD food storage container or a Ziploc bag: 1/3 cup instant chicken bouillon powder, 3 tablespoons flour, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder, finely crushed, 1 teaspoon parsley flakes, 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon Recipe #453973, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon onion powder, 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric, 1/8 teaspoon finely ground white pepper.
- SEAL the container; SHAKE rigorously for 30 seconds until all of the ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- REMOVE chicken from MARINADE solution; RINSE chicken and blot dry.
- BASTE each chicken piece evenly with canola oil; SPRINKLE the chicken pieces moderately and evenly with the prepared seasoning mixture (store unused portion in a tightly sealed container); ALLOW chicken to rest for 20 minutes.
- INDOOR GRILLING/BAKING METHOD FOR BONELESS CHICKEN: PREHEAT indoor grill to medium-high heat. GRILL chicken until seared from grill surface; TURN chicken over and repeat process (if using a press-type closeable grill, sear without turning), until chicken is cooked yet not overdone, when juices run clear.
- INDOOR GRILLING/BAKING METHOD FOR BONE-IN CHICKEN: GRILL chicken until seared from grill surface; TURN chicken over and repeat process (if using a press-type closeable grill, sear without turning), just until chicken is seared, but not fully cooked. ARRANGE chicken on a rack over a baking pan; BAKE chicken at 350°F for 20 minutes; TURN chicken over; BAKE for 20 minutes longer.
- BARBECUE-GRILLING METHOD: Follow the manufacturer's recommended guidelines and method for grilling chicken for the particular outdoor grill you have, following the same basic procedures for indoor grilling of basting and turning.
- SERVE and ENJOY!