Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My first trip to the Keys resulted in a whole new palate for me. One of my new yummies is this recipe. I got it from cooks.com and it is the closest thing to what we had at Conch republic. If you live close to Pittsburgh, you can get the smoked whitefish in the Strip at Wholeys.
- 3⁄4 lb smoked white fish fillet
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion, grated
- Flake white fish, making sure there are no bones, into food processor.
- Add everything else and pulse until smooth.
- Serve with good crackers.
- We had them with Cuban crackers that i had to order after i returned home.
- The longer you make it in advance, the better the flavors meld.
I made this with smoked catfish and added a bit of Old Bay seasoning. Everyone raves about it.
Just like the Keys restaurants make it...so delicious! It could use a little "bite" so will try adding some jalapenos or hot sauce next time.
Very good dip. Used smoked lake trout, doubled the recipe and it disappeared!