Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are nice, special little desserts for anytime - and you can freeze some for a later time too!! Great for goody trays!! (ZWT3 - US - Florida) (also Caribbean for ZWT3)
- 8 frozen 3-inch pie pastry tart shells (mini pie shells, approx. 3 1/2 inch size)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice (fresh or bottled)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon zest or 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon lime zest, finely grated
- 1 dash salt
- whipped cream or whipped topping
- lime slices (or other sliced fruits for garnish) or strawberry (or other sliced fruits for garnish)
- Place tart shells on a baking sheet and bake at 325° for about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Whisk together the eggs, sugar, flour, key lime juice, zest, and salt. Spoon or ladle filling into the partially baked shells.
- Bake until custard is set, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely or serve slightly warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
- A few ripe blackberries or strawberries make a pretty garnish for this dessert.
- These tarts may be frozen.
- Enjoy! ;).
These were very yummy! Since I couldn't find frozen tart shells I substituted mini graham cracker shells and just filled and baked. We topped it off with some whipped cream. Thanks for sharing.
I made a single yummy tart using momaphet's Pecan Crust. I used fresh lime juice, lime zest and slices of lime for a garnish, and we enjoyed this with a dollop of creamy Greek yoghurt. Made for ZWT 5.
yummmy....I garnished one with edible rose petals, and enjoyed every bite!