Recipe by KillerTasteBuds
I got this recipe from "Everyday Baking". My husband made it the other day, and it turned out really good.
- 9 -10 graham crackers
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (4-6 limes)
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Process graham crackers and 2 tablespoons sugar in a food processor until fine crumbs form, add butter. Process until combined. Transfer mixture to a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, pat into bottom and up sides. Place pan on a baking sheet, and bake until crust is fragrant and slightly colored, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine condensed milk, lime juice, egg yolks, remaining ½ cup sugar, and salt; whisk until smooth. Pour mixture into crust (warm or cool is fine0, leaving 1/8 inch at the top; return to oven. Bake until filling is set around edge but still slightly loose in center, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate untilchilled, at least 2 hours. To store longer, cover and refrigerate, up to 2 days. Serve, garnished with zest, if desired.