Recipe by wjorma
One evening there were nine of us family members enjoying a wonderful meal at one of the Inns near the Grand Canyon and we just called this The Grand Canyon pumpkin soup.
Top Review by megnicu
Just made this tonight with everything still on hand from Thanksgiving....I used fresh pumpkin and fat free skim evaporated milk and it was GREAT! The whole family loved it from the husband and in-laws to the children (ages 5 and 1.5)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and sugar; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add broth, water, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin, evaporated milk and cinnamon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- TRANSFER mixture to food processor or blender (in batches, if necessary); process until smooth. Return to saucepan. Serve warm.
- Makes 6 servings.