1/1 Photo of Kevin's Pumpkin Soup from the Grand Canyon
Chef #782749 Photogardener's Note:
One evening there were nine of us family members enjoying a wonderful meal at one of the Inns near the Grand Canyon and we just called this The Grand Canyon pumpkin soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Melt the butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add onion, garlic and sugar; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until soft.
- 3Add broth, water, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 4Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- 5Stir in pumpkin, evaporated milk and cinnamon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7TRANSFER mixture to food processor or blender (in batches, if necessary); process until smooth. Return to saucepan. Serve warm.
- 8Makes 6 servings.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kevin's Pumpkin Soup from the Grand Canyon
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.7
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 36.7 mg
- Sodium 541.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 6.3 g