1/2 Photos of Kerrieschotel (meat and rice dish flavored with curry)
This is a family favorite Dutch recipe. Mom made this when we were growing up. The common curry powder found in the grocery is fine for this recipe. If you are looking for the authentic taste, or are a spice connoiseur, you would look for Indonesian curry powder or Sate seasoning. I find it on-line.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter (or broth for lower fat)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- aroma seasoning (like Maggi or Kitchen Bouquet)
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped left over cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups raw long grain rice, cooked with
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- corn flake crumbs, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon melted butter, for topping (or use broth for lower fat)
- 1Saute onion in butter with curry powder until tender.
- 2Add broth and aroma seasoning.
- 3Stir in left over chicken meat and simmer until meat is hot.
- 4Meanwhile cook rice.
- 5Place meat mixture and rice in casserole dish.
- 6Stir to combine and top with crumb mixture.
- 7Bake approximately 20 minutes at 325 until brown and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kerrieschotel (meat and rice dish flavored with curry)
Serving Size: 1 (525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.3
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 66.0 mg
- Sodium 1165.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 25.4 g