Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from: recipes.newkerala.com
- 500 g shrimp
- 1 onion
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons oil (to taste)
- 3 curry leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Clean the shrimp and keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil, add sliced onion, ginger garlic paste and saute well.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, sliced tomato and saute.
- Add shrimp with salt and enough water to simmer with the spices. Close the pan and allow it to simmer.
- When cooked, add curry leaves and remove from fire.