Recipe by Rhonda O
Its Derby Time! This Pie May be better than the Derby!
Top Review by karen ryan
i ran across this pie at some food/taste show back in mid 90's and knew that my dreams had come true. this pie rates really high on my list. my occupation is a Chef and i would say everyone needs to check out this recipe!! glad to see it posted on the internet.
- 1 9 inch unbaked pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Karo syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat 3 eggs.
- Add 1 cup sugar and beat.
- Add 1 cup Karo syrup and beat.
- add butter or margarine, vanilla, salt, and beat.
- add 1 Cup Pecans& chocolate chips.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 375 for 40 to 50 minutes, until browned and slightly puffed around edges.