Kentucky Beer Cheese
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 20 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 7 ounces bottled dark beer, flat
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Tabasco sauce
- mustard powder (optional)
- Open beer and bring to room temperature It is desirable to get most of the gas out of the beer, but don't let it get stale. You can heat it in the microwave a bit if you are in a hurry, but don't boil it.
- Grate cheese and garlic in a food processor.
- Switch to the mixing blade and add remaining ingredients, mixing until thoroughly blended.
- Refridgerate overnight. This really helps the flavors develop and meld properly.
Join The Conversation