Fox Hunter Pie
photo by chia2160
- Ready In:
1 9inch pie
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pour chocolate chips and pecan pieces in bottom of pie crust.
- Beat butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Add flour, salt, vanilla and cocoa, and mix.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until mixture is well-blended.
- Mixture will be thick.
- Pour batter into pie shell.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until set.
- Cool and cut into thin slices as this pie is VERY rich.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
spectacular dessert -you'd never guess that these simple ingredients produce such a wonderfully delicious result. this is actually a 3 textured pie. the top has an almost candy taste, the filling is like caramel, the bottom is dense and chocolatey. i think this is one of the best taste treats i have ever made and i highly recommend this. i was out of chocolate chips so i substituted with white chocolate. otherwise followed the recipe. TY.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a retired computer programmer, teacher, and cookbook author. Hubby and I have a grown daughter & SIL, son & DIL and 2 grandgirls. My favorite hobbies: cooking, Silhouette crafting, sewing, embroidery and wearable art, quilting, genealogy research, reading,