Kentucky Pecan Pie
photo by Vseward Chef-V
- Ready In:
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
- 1 cup sifted self-rising flour
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 (9 inch) deep dish unbaked pie shells or (9 inch) unbaked regular pie crusts
- ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine eggs, sugar, and melted chocolate in large bowl.
- Add flour and mix well, stirring in remaining ingredients except for pie shells.
- Bake 30 -40 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream. Freezes well!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I don't think there's anything better than spending time with family and friends and enjoying delicious food together. I just love food. I love reading about food, writing about food, cooking food and.. not surprisingly, eating food. My latest passion is food-photography! I'm still learning a lot, but I'm trying to post photos with all my recipes and reviews. I read recipe books, magazines and food blogs like novels. I get such satisfaction when someone enjoys a meal or dessert that I have prepared. It is the biggest compliment to me when my family and friends rave about my cooking. There are so many terrific recipes on this site. If I'm looking for something, I'm sure to find it here. I do have stacks of my own favorite recipes which I am slowly but surely getting in my cookbooks here . I have had so many awesome reviews and fabulous photos taken of my recipes... I try to thank everyone personally .. I sincerely appreciate each and every review and or comment left. I know it takes time to photograph and upload photos - So I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for finding and trying my recipes and taking the extra effort...