Fresh Peach Cobbler (Paula Deen)
photo by Bay Laurel
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine peaches, 1 cup of the sugar and water in a saucepan and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Place butter in a deep baking dish and put in the oven to melt.
- Mix remaining cup of sugar, flour and milk slowly to prevent clumping.
- Pour mixture over melted butter.
- DO NOT STIR!
- Spoon fruit over top, gently pouring in syrup.
- Batter will rise to the top during baking.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
This was fantastic! Made it with 6 large fresh peaches. I cooked the peaches in 3/4 cup of brown sugar and a tsp. of vanilla (and the water, of course) and used 3/4 cup granulated sugar in the flour mix. I grated a little fresh nutmeg on top before cooking. Mine was done after 35 minutes. Served it with homemade whipped cream. Everyone loved it. Thx. for posting!