Chocolate Pecan Cobbler (Paula Deen)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup toffee pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- ice cream (optional)
- pecans, chopped (optional)
CARAMEL WHIPPED CREAM
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons caramel syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the butter in an 8 by 8-inch baking dish and put the dish in the oven until butter is melted, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the baking dish from the oven and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine 3/4 cup of the sugar, the flour, and 2 tablespoons cocoa.
- Add the milk and vanilla, whisking until smooth.
- Pour over the melted butter in the baking dish.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup of sugar, remaining 4 tablespoons of cocoa, the pecans, and toffee bits; sprinkle evenly over the sugar mixture.
- Slowly pour boiling water over top of the cobbler.
- Bake until top of the cobbler looks set, about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream, Caramel Whipped Cream and pecans, if desired.
- To make the Caramel Whipped Cream: Combine the cream and sugar in a medium bowl and beat with a whisk or beater until soft peaks form. Add the caramel syrup, and lightly fold together.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Aloha! I just recently started spending more time in the kitchen and am learning that cooking and baking can be fun as well as challenging. My favorite cookbook resources are my 'gourmet' sister and the very patient and generous Ohana of Zaar. Mahalo nui loa! <br /><br />My rating system: The first time I try a recipe, I follow the instructions as given; if I do a little tweaking, I keep that in mind when rating. It's not right to rate lower because of something I did or didn't do. <br />***** ... Excellent! Tasted great with/without tweaking. <br />**** ... Loved It! Tasted great with/without tweaking. <br />No stars ... May be an excellent recipe but I was unable to get it to work for me. May or may not try again later. We don't all have the same taste preferences. I've found recipes with lots of five stars that just didn't work for me and some with less that I thought were great. <br />Thank you All for sharing!</p>