Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
I got this recipe from a small free recipe book from KFC
Make and share this Kentucky Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425. Sift into mixing bowl flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Make a nest in the flour mix and add milk.
- Add shortening and begin kneading with hands (to cut in) the vegetable shortening and flour in the milk until thoroughly mixed.
- Add milk - if needed - to form, and mix.
- Turn onto floured board, and knead gently 6 to 8 times.
- Pat dough to 1/2" thickness.
- Cut into biscuits.
- Place on baking sheet and brown in oven 10-13 minutes.
I didn't know biscuits could be so easy to make. I get best results using butter instead of shortening. I make this often. Great recipe!
Excellent biscuits. Have to admit, I used a pastry cutter-I didn't want the mess on my hands. Very sticky dough, ended up adding at least 1/2 cup more flour on the board and got sticky hands anyway. It was worth it.
This is the best biscuit recipe I've ever made! They came out very light and fluffy and rose beautifully in the oven. Any biscuit recipe I usually try leaves me with flat biscuits. I really liked the method of mixing the milk and shortening in at the same time; it cut prep time and kept the shortening from melting as I cut it in. Next time I make these, I will use Splenda instead of sugar (we are diabetics). I will update my review for that change.