- 1 1⁄2 cups unsifted flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425. Sift into mixing bowl flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Make a nest in the flour mix and add milk.
- Add shortening and begin kneading with hands (to cut in) the vegetable shortening and flour in the milk until thoroughly mixed.
- Add milk - if needed - to form, and mix.
- Turn onto floured board, and knead gently 6 to 8 times.
- Pat dough to 1/2" thickness.
- Cut into biscuits.
- Place on baking sheet and brown in oven 10-13 minutes.