Easy Quick Homemade Bread and Biscuits
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or less depending on preference)
- 3 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons butter substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- Heat milk, sugar, salt, and butter substitute in small saucepan until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed mixer bowl.
- Add milk mixture and slowly add flour.
- Mix for 1-2 minutes on speed 2.
- Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- Cover and let rise next to warm oven for 10 minutes.
- Put dough in greased loaf pan and leftover dough in greased muffin pans.
- Let both pans rise in oven (170 degrees) for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 425 degrees (12 minutes for biscuits and 25-30 minutes for bread).
Join The Conversation
Ok, I had to leave a review since this is my second time making this in two weeks. Yes, it's that good. I made it with whole milk instead. Also, I think if your having bread ithink you need to use real butter instead of a substitute. Let's be honest, real butter isn't gong to add that many extra calories. I also just went ahead and made two loafs. Thank you for the recipe is so good!