Prep 1 hr 45 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 5 lbs pork spareribs
- 2 -3 tablespoons seasoning (Bulk KFC Original Recipe Seasoning (Copycat))
- barbecue sauce (KFC Honey BBQ Sauce (Copycat))
- PREPARE Recipe #453973 for the SEASONING RUB.
- PREPARE Recipe #486192 for the BARBECUE SAUCE.
- PREHEAT oven to 300°F.
- RUB the SEASONING RUB mixture evenly over ribs (save any spare seasoning rub for another use).
- POUR one inch of apple juice (or water) into a roasting pan; WRAP ribs with foil and place into pan, foil-seam up; PLACE foil-wrapped ribs into roasting pan; BAKE between 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 hours (replenish liquid in pan as needed).
- REMOVE baked ribs from oven and pour off the fat.
- BASTE all sides of ribs with the BARBECUE SAUCE (Funnel extra untouched sauce into a plastic squeeze bottle or Ball canning jar then store refrigerated and capped).
- BARBECUE/GRILLING METHOD: PREHEAT grill to medium heat; SET grate four inches above coals/heat source; BRUSH grill grate with vegetable oil; PLACE ribs on grill; BASTE ribs with sauce occasionally; TURN ribs as needed; REMOVE ribs from grill when the sauce caramelizes and edges are lightly charred, without overcooking (about 15 minutes, or just slightly longer).
- BAKING METHOD: Preheat oven temp to 450°F Bake ribs unwrapped, top side down, for 8-10 minutes. SLIDE oven rack out carefully using oven mitts; TURN ribs over carefully with tongs; BASTE the top again with sauce; BAKE for a remainder of 8-10 minutes or until the sauce caramelizes and edges are lightly charred, without overcooking; ALLOW ribs to cool 10 minutes before serving.
- SERVE and enjoy.