Barbecued Pork Tenderloin
photo by AZPARZYCH
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
- 2 pork tenderloin, trimmed (1 pound each)
- 1⁄4 cup finely ground coffee
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt (or kosher salt)
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- cooking spray
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add pork. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 to 12 hours; turning bag occasionally. Remove pork from bag; discard marinade.
- Prepare grill; heating one side to medium and one side to high heat.
- Combine ground coffee and next 4 ingredients (ground coffee through salt); rub over pork. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Combine 1/4 cup barbecue sauce and 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the barbecue sauce mixture, and set aside.
- Place pork on grill rack coated with cooking spray over high heat; grill 3 minutes, turning pork on all sides. Place pork over medium heat; grill 15 minutes, turning pork occasionally. Baste with 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce mixture; grill 5 minutes or until thermometer registers 160 degrees F (slightly pink), turning pork occasionally.
- Place pork on a platter, brush with reserved 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce mixture. Cover with foil; let stand 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow, was this ever good Nancy. Made exactly as written wouldn't change a thing. Well worth the extra effort. Perfect to serve to family or friends. I marinaded the pork for 8 hours, resulting in very flavorful and tender pork. We really enjoyed all the flavors that were used in the rub, marinade and sauce. The pork tenderloin had nice layers of flavor. Thanks for sharing another winner which I will make again.