Ribs Coca Cola Ribs
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs pork rib racks or 3 lbs pork country-style pork ribs
- 1 (2 liter) bottle Coke
- 1⁄2 cup Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄2 cup ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 cup chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons ground allspice
Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container
- Pour enough Coca cola over the ribs. I use a vacuum sealer, to make it easier, but any way will do. Marinate for at least 24 hours. Remove the ribs from the marinade and apply more pork dry rub.
- Prepare your smoker and smoke the ribs at approx 225 degrees for 4 hours, basting hourly with Coke. Or, if just grilling, grill ribs over medium to low heat until a nice color develops. You can leaeve them on the grill, covered for approximately 4 hours until you reach your desired tenderness, or alternatively, wrap the ribs in foil and put in a 200 degree oven for about 4 hours or until desired tenderness is achieved.
- Meanwhile, put about 2 cups of Coca Cola in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce until you have about 1/2 cup or it is a syrupy consistency. Keep warm. Now it's money time. Remove the Coca Cola ribs, and brush on the syrup. Now, apply more rub to make a bbq pork ribs recipe that is sweet, and also savory. BBQ sauce is optional!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!