Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mexican beefy enchiladas that my granddaughter just loves. A sauce recipe that I had tasted from a TV dinner that I liked and finally was able to re-create!!
- 1 chopped onion
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 4.92-9.85 ml chili powder
- 4-6 flour tortillas
- cheddar cheese
- monterey jack cheese
- black olives
enchilada sauce (recipe to follow)
- 7.39 ml olive oil
- 7.39 ml garlic powder
- 7.39 ml onion powder
- 7.39 ml cumin
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 29.58 ml flour
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 56.69 g can tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make enchilada sauce as follows:.
- Mix spices and flour into olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Slowly add chicken broth and tomato sauce.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Enchilada Filling:.
- Brown ground beef and onion and drain excess fat.
- Add 3/4 cup enchilada sauce to meat and cook 10 minutes.
- Assemble enchiladas in ungreased baking dish (12"x9") by dipping.
- tortilla into sauce and filling with enchilada meat, cheeses and black.
- Roll tortillas placing seamed side toward bottom of baking dish.
- Continue making enchiladas until dish is full.
- Cover enchiladas with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese over top of enchiladas.
- Place black olives on top of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.