Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe my sister's entire family raves about at the July 4th barbecue!
- 5 -6 good sized potatoes
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 good sized onion, finely chopped
- Cook the eggs first, and then cool, once cool use an egg slicer twice on each egg; first time one way, second time the other.
- Then cook the potatoes, and then cool.
- While potatoes are cooking, make a mixture kind of like egg salad using the cooked eggs. Combine mayonnaise, yellow mustard, sweet relish and onions. Make sure the mixture is moist to coat the potatoes. (taste test, added more mayo or mustard if needed).
- It's always better to have too much than not enough….
- NOTE: it never turns out the same twice, but it always disappears.