Recipe by Wildflour
Been making this stuff for more than 20 years,...it's got everything in there!! I used Ragu this time (it was on sale), though, instead of making it with tomato sauce and tomato paste....and it came out great! Total comfort food and freezes well! We love it! Enjoy! :)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon johnnies seasoning salt, or your favorite
- 1⁄8 teaspoon johnnies seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) containerfresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 (26 ounce) jars Ragu parmesan and romano spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup per plate or serving
- 8 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, 1 Tbl. per serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In chicken fryer, (large DEEP skillet), saute ground beef, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoons oregano, 1/2 teaspoons thyme, 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoons seasoning salt, 1/4 teaspoons pepper, bell pepper, onion and mushrooms til meat is no longer pink.
- Drain grease.
- Add spaghetti sauce, 1/2 teaspoons oregano, 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoons seasoning salt, and dark brown sugar. *Can sub light or regular sugar.
- Bring to a simmer. Simmer at least 5 minutes on low.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni til tender, drain, fold into sauce.
- Fold in corn.
- Serve topped with shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.