Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
NOT bragging, but everyone says this is simply the best banana bread they've ever had. Blueberries are one of my FAV fruits and I put them in everything!I LOVE to make it, especially since it makes 2 loaves. We keep one and always give the other one away. :)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup reg. sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder, plus
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 medium mashed bananas
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients except blueberries for about 30 seconds.
- Fold in frozen berries.
- Pour into 2 greased 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2 loaf pans that have been greased on the bottoms only.
- Bake in 350º oven for 55-60 minutes, til toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly, loosen sides with knife from sides of pan, turn out onto rack to cool.
- When cool, wrap tightly with plastic wrap, keep refrigerated.
- Best the next day!
- *Ialways bake blueberries frozen in breads and muffins so they hold up perfectly, and you don't end up with a hollow blue hole, lol.
Made this for weekend breakfast for the family... and they LOVED it! Only made 1/2 the recipe for one loaf and left out the coconut and nuts...but it was truly amazing. Moist, rich and delicious. I ate mine warm with butter. This really deserves 6 stars!!
So easy and yummy. I left out the pecans. I also got one loaf and 9 muffins. The muffins took 20 minutes and the loaf took 55. I didn't tell DH there was coconut in it and he didn't notice.
Yummy blueberry banana bread! I loved the flavors and the ingredients. I also loved the tip about using frozen blueberries. I started off by dividing the batch into 2 loaf pans, but they looked way too low (below half-filled), so I ended up putting the batter into one pan and just baking it a bit longer. I'm wondering if I did something wrong.? Thanks for posting!