Blueberry Banana Bread
photo by Zaney1
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups very ripe bananas, mashed (about 3)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk or 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (no need to thaw)
- Put oven rack on lowest position.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom only of two loaf pans.
- Cream butter and sugar till fluffy.
- Stir in eggs until well blended.
- Stir in bananas, buttermilk OR yogurt and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt until just moistened.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly between the two loaf pans.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Loosen sides and remove bread from pans.
- Cool completely before slicing, about 2 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a delicious bread! No wonder people compliment you on the recipe. I actually made it as one loaf of bread and 8 muffins. Honestly, I think the batter was a little skimpy, and the loaves would have been very small if I had actually made two full loaves, but this way the amount was perfect. I never thought to combine bananas and blueberries in a bread but the flavors compliment one another perfectly. This one's a keeper.
Absolutely yummy. I did adjust this recipe to suit a diabetic by doing half brown sugar and half Splenda, substituting butter with 1/4 c butter and 1/4 c unsweetened applesauce, instead of 2 eggs, I did 1 egg and 2 egg whites, all whole wheat flour and used frozen blueberries which I placed in a ziploc bag and shook with 1 Tbsf cornstarch first. Then sifted off the access cornstarch. This kept the blueberries from bleeding while baking. I made one large loaf at 50 minutes and 6 regular muffins at 22 minutes. Very delicious. Extremely easy to make. Thanks for posting this.
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Married for 22years.