Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
if you want a surefire hit... these take a little more time to make - in mini muffin tins...but you canNOT stop eating them and they disappear at any party in a flash! This Is A Labor of Love to make individual mini tarts [make it much faster by making a pan's worth and cutting into squares like brownies]- but everyone asks for the recipe NOW... a pretty easy way to spread more joy in the world... EVERYONE loves them - even if they don't like nuts... OR pecan pie!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon oil or 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- FOR THE CRUST:.
- Cream together the softened butter and cream cheese.
- Add the flour and beat well.
- Mold into mini muffin tins, muffin cups, or any little container [these are BEST when they are bite-sized].
- Refrigerate in pans overnight.
- FOR THE FILLING:.
- Beat egg well and add oil, vanilla, brown sugar, salt and pecans.
- To assemble: Put a small ball of crust mixture into each hole of a mini muffin tin and, with a wet spoon, press into the bottom and sides. Repeat.
- Then fill each shell to 2/3 full with pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350º for 25 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Note: when I feel too lazy to make little tarts, I have made this as a pie - pressing the crust into a 9 X 5 loaf pan or a 9 inch square pan -- and poured the filling in -- and it satisfies the craving.
I was in a bit of a hurry, so I didn't do the exact refrigeration processes as stated in the recipe. After they were out of the oven, I just refrigerated them, while they were still in the pan for about 20 min. They popped right out of the pan. So, I really don't think you need to do the overnight refrigeration step. I also had to add a couple teaspoons of flour to the dough because it was a bit too sticky to handle. Otherwise, the dough was flaky and the filling very good! Good recipe :) ~ The Mad Slovak ~
These are fab!! What a great pecan taste, and I love the fact it doesn't use any kind of corn syrup since I never buy the stuff! The crust is great, simple to make and makes just the right amount with no need to get flour everywhere! I added a bit of extra finely chopped pecans to it. Perfect! I will definitely be making these again, thanks for posting.
the best they make up very fast once you do the dough,,,just make sure not to cook to long they will burn...