Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from a local Indian restaurant.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 3 leaves fresh curry
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Place chicken in a large bowl, and season with turmeric powder, coriander powder, black pepper, chili powder, and salt. Cover bowl, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Fry mustard seeds, fenugreek, onion, cumin seeds, and curry leaves in oil for about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and ginger pastes, and cook for another 2 minutes. Add chicken and water, stir, and cover with lid. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, and cook until almost dry. Stir to keep the chicken from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Stir in lime juice, and cook until dry.
Mmm, your curries never disappoint!!! I loved this richly flavoured curry, I didnt cook it until quite dry, always preferring a bit of sauce, but this was excellent, I would happily make it for company. Thank you Celticevergreen, made for My 3 Chefs