2 hrs 5 mins
I've had this recipe for years. It was the star of an office party hosted by my boss's wife. We all requested the recipe and I've used it frequently. You can get creative with the type of preserves you use; I've tried a variety of fruit w/chilis preserves for a nice kick. I usually serve it with brown rice pilaf and roasted regetables. My dh requests it often and my girls love it, too. Makes terrific leftovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs center-cut pork loin roast
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine or 3 tablespoons madeira wine
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2/3 cup peach preserves
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (to garnish)
- 1Marinate roast in sauce made from soy sauce, sherry or madeira, garlic, cinnamon and thyme for 2-3 hours, turning often (reserve marinade).
- 2Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan and roast at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes per pound or until internal temperature reaches 160 on meat thermometer.
- 3Approx 20 minutes before roast is done, In a small sauce pan combine reserved marinade, peach preserves, chili sauce and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 4Baste pork with sauce and cook 10 more minutes.
- 5After removing roast to rest, add remaining 1/2 cup water to roasting pan to scrape up brown bits. Add pan juices and water chestnuts to sauce and heat through.
- 6Place carved roast on platter and spoon sauce over. Garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kalua Pork
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 720.5
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 229.8 mg
- Sodium 794.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 82.8 g