This dish was inspired by Masamba, a traditional African dish of kale, ground peanuts and tomatoes. I changed it to be a little easier to make and more in keeping with my Nutritarian eating style. You can reduce prep time by using pre-chopped or frozen kale and frozen onions.
- Melt peanut butter in microwave. Mix in tomatoes and chickpeas and set aside.
- Remove the center stem from the kale and discard. Wash and chop kale leaves and set aside. If you don't know how to remove the stems from kale, Google: remove kale stems.
- Coat large sauté pan or pot (5 qt or more) with oil. Add onions and mushrooms and cook over medium heat, adding small amounts of water if needed to prevent sticking. Continue cooking until onions are soft.
- Add kale with small amount of water and cook until wilted. You many need to add kale in batches if it won’t all fit. Add small amounts of water as needed to prevent sticking. Cook to desired doneness.
- Add peanut mixture to kale and heat through, mixing thoroughly.