Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is easy to make and is suprisingly good. I am learning how to cook and this was my first soup.
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon feta
- Wash kale, remove leaves from stem and cut into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Heat oil sautee onions add garlic red pepper saute for 1 minute.
- Add beans broth, water and oregano bring to a simmer.
- Add kale cook 15 minutes.
- garnish with feta (optional).
Used great northern beans (2 cans) and no feta. This is a really good soup that I have been making for a while. I usually serve it with some cheddar biscuits.
A good soup, but not great. Was a little bland and thin for our tastes. It was quick and easy ro make, so will probably make it again adding some sausage and mushrooms to it, and doubling the beans.