Recipe by Chef Dudo
Found this recipe on the back of a cross word puzzle from a Swedish "ladies magazine". The original recipe calls for Whiskey but I make it with Kahlua. You can use whatever kind of alcohol you like. Chilling time is not included.
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream, stiffly whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly whisk egg yolks and sugar in a glass bowl.
- Put the bowl in a pan with simmering water.
- Add cocoa and Kahlua.
- Keep whisking until it thickens and doubles in size (about 10 minutes).
- Take the bowl out of the pan and keep whisking until the cream has cooled off (about 5 minutes).
- Gently mix the whipped cream with the eggcream.
- Transfer to 4 individual small bowls.
- Freeze several hours.
- When serving, garnish with a little melted chocolate, berries or whatever you fancy.