Had this at a retreat, and had to get the recipe. These are really good! I had to guess on the number of servings, since it really depends on how big the glasses are that you serve them in. Cooking time is approximate and includes time spent cooling in the refrigerator before finishing.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 1 (10 ounce) package small marshmallows
- 24 chocolate wafers, crushed fine
- 1 cup sour cream
- Combine coffee, Kahlua and marshmallows in the top of a double boiler. Stir until marshmallows are melted and smooth.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- Once the mixture is cool, stir in the sour cream.
- Layer in parfait or wine glasses: the chocolate crumbs and the cream mixture, ending with the crumbs on top.
- Refrigerate until firm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We liked it! This is very rich so you can only eat a little, but hey, that's probably a good thing! :lol: Next time I will use smaller glasses to yield 6 small servings rather than 4 large. I had trouble stirring in the sour cream after the mixture had chilled, took a lot of elbow grease and never got totally incorporated. However, when the parfaits were served, you couldn't tell they weren't perfectly mixed. Thank you for posting Annisette, made for cookbook tag, see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.Reply
Now this is a great way to serve Kahlua! The mixture came out like pudding....I never would have thought to make this, I used chocolate animal crackers, (all I had on hand) and low fat sour cream, even on vacation ;) My sister and I ate it all by ourselves! And we were happy campers! Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT3Reply