Chocolate Kahlua Mousse Parfaits
photo by Jadelabyrinth
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk, very cold
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1 (3 1/8 ounce) envelope instant chocolate mousse mix
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely crushed chocolate graham crackers
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip, thawed
- sugar wafers (optional) or Oreo cookies, etc, for garnish (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the milk, kahlua, mousee, and cocoa. Whip on low speed until well blended. Slowly increase the mixer to high, whipping for 4-5 minutes, or until fluffy.
- In 4 clear glass dessert bowls (or wine/champagne glasses), layer 1/8 of the mousse, 2-3 tablespoons of graham crumbs, and 3 tablespoons of Cool Whip.
- If choosing to garnish with cracker crumbs rather than cookies, reserve about 1/4 teaspoon of the cookie crumbs. Repeat the layering, using the remaining ingredients.
- If garnishing with crumbs, sprinkle the remaining crumbs on top of each serving. If garnishing with cookies, leave the top of the parfait empty for now.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Before serving, garnish with cookies if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I miss being able to sort through my saved recipes by rating, or even being able to search in what were my cookbooks. ?I miss the forum games/swaps/events. ?I feel sadness for all the time I wasted saving recipes that I can't find and disappointment in the people working at food.com who decided that all these changes were necessary. ?I read in the blog that read-only forums will be back when the technicalities can be worked out. ?But when will I be able to find a recipe in my own recipe box. ?What sense is there in a recipe website that doesn't allow you to search for one of your recipes? ?I used to think that I could start whittling down my collection of paper cookbooks, and hand written note cards because I could find whatever I needed online. ?Perhaps I still can, but not here. ?Thank God I didn't get rid of any of them.